A blog by an artsy, healthy, crafty, nature friendly mother of three...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Cute Valentine's heart mobile




So the first activity of on our Valentine's day countdown was to do a special Valentines craft...but which special Valentines craft? that was the question. So I gathered my 4 year old daughter and  my 2½ year old son around the computer in search for a craft they might like to do.. they saw a very pretty heart mobile and we decided to make our own version of it! So I carved 2 heart-shape stamps out of a potato and made each of them a heart-shape stamp out of an empty toilet paper roll, took some red (washable) paint and set them off to decorate a white sheet of paper. When they were happy about their paint work, I then cutted some hearts out of their art work, they then punched little holes in their hearts (that was my son's favorite part of the activity, some of his paper hearts did not survive the puncher!) I used some pipe cleaners to do a heart shape and I then tied their hearts to it with some red wool, and that's about it! They were both very proud and happy of the result and they wanted to hang their beautiful craft over their little baby brother's crib, which was a very good loving idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment